XML Dump loses type info.

Nathan Friesen nfriesen at dyton.com
Thu Jan 30 18:14:34 CST 2003

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 05:20  PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> on 1/31/03 1:10 AM, Nathan Friesen at nfriesen at dyton.com wrote:
>
> Hi Nathan,
>
>> I've run into a problem with dump() in Director 8.6.1 on the Mac.
>> Whenever I do an XML dump() the file appears in the correct place on
>> the
>> disk, but none of the field types are saved. Instead, each field
>> description has a line "<Type></Type>" I've tried this with my
>> database,
>> and with one of the example databases and got the same result with both
>> of them. I've also done an XML Dump in VApp and the file appears to
>> dump
>> correctly.
>
> So problem only when you dump from V4MD ???

Yes, the problem only seems to be in V4MD for the Mac in OS 9 (not the
OS X beta). I was also able to successfully do a loadDump() from the
VAPP dump.

> Do you use the same version of V4MD and VAPP ?
> What version ?

I have version 1.9.5 of VAPP, and I just downloaded version 1.9.6 of the
Director Xtra tonight, but that didn't resolve the problem

> I do not see reason why it cannot work.
>

>> Has anyone else experienced this, or is there something I could be
>> doing
>> to cause this? Let me know if you need more information, or if there's
>> anything I can help with.

Nathan Friesen
Dyton, Inc.
2302 West 1st Street
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
P: 319.277.8418
F: 319.277.8417

www.dyton.com

------
    If fifty million people say a foolish thing,
    it is still a foolish thing.
         --Anatole France (1844 - 1924)
------