[V4RB] more questions

Pedro fp lists at pedro.Net.au
Thu Jan 30 02:56:47 CST 2003

G'day Folks

A few more questions that I haven't been able to find answered in the
docs ...

When getting the value from a VString where the actual value in the
field is shorter than MaxLength is the value returned padded to
MaxLength? i.e. Does a does a VString of MaxLength 10 & containing
"Hello" return "Hello" or "Hello     "?

When using a VByte for 1 byte strings, as suggested in the docs, is it
necessary to convert between strings & integers when setting & getting
values?

Can the MaxLength of VString &/or VVarChar fields be changed at runtime?

Is the page size of VVarChar fields always a multiple of 1024 bytes?

Cheers, Pedro :-)

Web: <http://www.pedro.net.au>                    PGP Key ID: 387CD96F
Instant messaging...  AIM: bandidoOfOz  ICQ: 27671678  Jabber: pedrofp
                       MSN: mail at pedro.net.au           Yahoo: pedro_fp
~~~~
"Private conversation, no matter how brilliant, achieves no public end
if
it stays private. Democratic conversation has to be public. The
participants
must be ready to expose their views to challenge, and to listen."
            Moira Rayner in 'Rooting Democracy - Growing the society we
want'