[V4RB] newbie on the loose

Pedro fp lists at pedro.Net.au
Thu Jan 30 00:03:34 CST 2003

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 10:26  PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> But then the best way:
>
>     Table A -- is static
>     Table B -- will have ObjectPtr to A, and that dynamic fields.
>
> ObjectPtr must be unique, so you have 1 : 1 between tables.
> This is in fact small inheritance made manually. :-)

That's what I thought you meant originally. And now I think I should
have thought of that before I asked my question.

Another question ...

My REALdb has a table which is a user list. It actually contains more
than just username & password including user preferences so that when
my application becomes truly multi-user a user can log in from any Mac
on site & run the application with their own preferences.

I've seen in the Valentina docs that Valentina can maintain a user list
but cannot find how to work with the user list. Can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers, Pedro :-)

Web: <http://www.pedro.net.au>                    PGP Key ID: 387CD96F
Instant messaging...  AIM: bandidoOfOz  ICQ: 27671678  Jabber: pedrofp
                       MSN: mail at pedro.net.au           Yahoo: pedro_fp
"An organisation that leaves the individual imprisoned and unlit fills
itself with smoke. It is not only inefficient it is indecent. We need
the chance in our work, not just our leisure, to discover some of the
truth about ourselves ... and to control our own time."
                                   Charles Handy in 'The Hungry Spirit'