[V4RB] Accents in queries

Lee Swanson lee at ibc.com.au
Tue Jan 28 21:33:02 CST 2003

sorry, I didn't realise it was user-entered.

I dont know of a nice way to do what you want with regExp. All I can think
of is to do like you said and create a function to replace any vowels to
include their accented counterpart.

Lee.

> Cursor = myDatabase.SQLSelect("Select Name from myTable where Name like
> 'premi[eè]re' no_case")

Thank you very much for your answer.
Your solution works fine, but I can't leave the final user entering such
codes when he/she wants to find something.

Before sending the SQLSelect statement to the database, I could replace all
vowels by possible accents, but I don't like this workaround.

Maybe another RegEx specificity could help me ?

Thanks again
Eric