[ VXCMD] Time limited demo

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 27 09:36:42 CST 2003

on 1/27/03 4:13 AM, Robert Brenstein at rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de wrote:

>> In the meantime, Im going to interpret the current license in the
>> stricted sense until we've had enough time to weigh the pros and cons of
>> risk for Paradigma in the revision, because Valentina is at the heart of
>> all portions of Paradigma's business (and Ruslan's love-child).
>
> The fact is that if someone wants to violate your EULA, you are not
> going to stop them unless you catch them. But such an extreme stance
> that you take can certainly hamper serious Valentina developers and
> IMHO effectively do more harm to Ruslan and his business. Selling us
> a program with a certain feature (timeout is a documented feature)
> but then forbidding to use it (rather than encouraging to use --
> which competitors offer this?), is certainly not a good business
> practice.

Robert,

I just want point ANOTHER reason, why a developer do not should depend on
protection of Valentina.

You say that this is feature of Valentina, yes.
But it is not feature of ENGINE.

We never have told that this will be forever.
So image situation, you ship app and write in your docs that YOUR app have
10 minutes DEMO, but in 2.0 I decide make 15 minutes, or even remove time
out, and provide some kind of license file...

In this case you must start redo YOUR app and docs in urgent way.
PROBLEMS....

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com