[V4RB] speeding up UPDATE statements

WonderFef wonderfef at noos.fr
Fri Jan 24 07:25:55 CST 2003

>> Finally, the workaround was to use a Vcursor.update instead of an UPDATE SQL
>> statement... Now my loop runs 100s times faster!
>
> Hmm, so the main overhead bring SQL string building and parsing as I see.

I first thought it was the SQL string building that was the cause of the
slowness.
But when I tested the loop without sending the SQLExecute method, it ran
fast. As soon as I added the SQLExecute in the loop, performances collapsed,
especially on Windows.

As a conclusion, I would say that SQL parsing on Windows is slow.

Eric