[ VXCMD] Time limited demo

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Thu Jan 23 22:45:00 CST 2003

>> That is, the demo would have an unregistered copy of Val as
>> its engine so that it times out after 10 minutes. I catch the
>> error message from Val and then display a message on my own.
>>
>> Is this practical? natural? stupid? anybody else doing this?
>
> This is not permitted under the Valentina EULA.

I've just read again both the "VALENTINA SDK COMMERCIAL PUBLISHER AGREEMENT"
for the "VALENTINA C++ SDK" and "VALENTINA SDK COMMERCIAL PUBLISHER
AGREEMENT". I didn't see any clause that talk about the serial number. So,
which clause prohibit me from distributing my software that will pass the
serial number to ValentinaInit() function only if my user has entered a
serial key (on my own), which means she has paid for my software?

Just wondering...

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>