[ VXCMD] Time limited demo

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Thu Jan 23 19:39:23 CST 2003

> This may be a dumb idea but I won't know until I ask and get other's
> perspective. I have an app that uses Val to do the majority of the work,
> querying text files and retreiving information. The app has some other
> non-Val features but Val really is the key. I would like to distibute a
> full-featured, but time limited demo version of the software. Instead of
> coding this in transcript (This app uses Rev.) I thought I could just use
> Valentina's built in time limit?
>
> That is, the demo would have an unregistered copy of Val as its engine so
> that it times out after 10 minutes. I catch the error message from Val and
> then display a message on my own.
>
> Is this practical? natural? stupid? anybody else doing this?

I though about doing exactly the same thing for the shareware I'm writing.
The less code I write, the better I feel... ;-)

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>