Encryption request

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 23 23:05:32 CST 2003

on 1/23/03 10:32 PM, Ramin Firoozye at ramin at wizen.com wrote:

Hi Ramin,

> I have a feature request for 2.0 having to do with encryption. I know you
> guys are currently using Blowfish, but for some situations (for example, if
> a client has standardized on a different mechanism), that may be limiting.
>
> How about making it so the encryption algorithm is a 'plug-in' with a
> default implementation of Blowfish. That way, we can choose whichever type
> of encryption algorithm you want. You specify the interface or callback and
> we'll take it from there.

Yes, in 2.0 we will have own plugin system.

As plugins will be:
    importer / exporter
    encryption
    Languages for BaseObject methods (Phyton, Java)
    may be fields.

API will be similar to COM,
IUnknwon interface, and other interface classes.

You need simply make subsclass for some interface and implement it.

> Another nice feature for security reasons is an interface for calculating
> MD5 hashes of individual tables/records/databases that can be used to
> authenticate a database.

I have see that mySQL have MD5 like function which can be used in BaseObject
methods and other expresions. Most probably we also will have it.

Right now I have add Encode/Decode functions based on Blowfish.
Where MD5 is better ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com