ORDER BY - Total Success!

Rick Robinson rickrobinson at attbi.com
Thu Jan 23 12:55:30 CST 2003

Got it working. Here was the problem. "jda" sent me a very helpful code
snippet:

//create field

   myField = new VText("title", 128, "English")

//now create method that returns field indexed by words and uppercased
(for case insensitive searches)

   myFieldMethod = new VText("myFieldMethod", 128, "English",
kV_IndexByWords)
   myFieldMethod.SetMethod("Upper(myField)")

//now create method NOT indexed by words and return uppercased (for
case insensitive search/sort)
   myFieldSortMethod = new VText("myFieldSortMethod", 128, "English",
kV_Indexed)
   myFieldSortMethod.SetMethod("Upper(myField)")

However, there is an understandable error in this. The .SetMethod
statements should be:

myFieldMethod.SetMethod("Upper(title)")

and

myFieldSortMethod.SetMethod("Upper(title)")

Thanks to everyone for the help. I think I'm on the right track now.

Rick