[Flash] Val and Flash MX - Flash Remoting and VPHP

Mathew Ray mathew at iqtv.com
Thu Jan 23 14:30:29 CST 2003

Since people were curious about integration of Flash MX and db technology, I
thought I would throw this in there....

Flash remoting apparently uses a proprietary binary protocol (called AMF) to
talk to Cldfusion, and (for a price) JDBC middleware stuff. Since there are
so many Flash developers that would love to integrate their technology into
their low-cost PHP solutions, many people have been curious if this could be
ported to other forms of middleware by reverse engineering the protocol.

Alessandro at http://www.sephiroth.it/index.php has come up with a partial
solution to this issue. I guess you could use this in conjunction with VPHP
in order to do flash remoting into a Valentina database.....
http://www.flash-db.com/Board/index.php?board=19;action=display;threadid=306
2

Haven't tried delving into all this quite yet, but if I have any success I
will be sure to let you know.

Thanks,
Mathew
Mathew Ray