[Flash] Val and Flash MX

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 23 13:28:58 CST 2003

on 1/23/03 12:43 PM, Olaf Schmidtmann at os at brainbits.net wrote:

Hi Olaf,

>>> But I think you and Marcus (btw: thanks for that last detailed reply) made
>>> Valentina's role quite clear. So I have to wait for a 'SOAP' implementation
>>> or a close Vale-webserver-integration...
>>
>> VPHP is good for you ?
>
> Yes, of course, I am looking forward to it!! On the other hand our web
> developers want love to work with php and mySQL. My regular advertising of
> Valentina in the kitchen just make them skeptic. They don´t believe in
> unproven statements about the superiority of V. But the time will come :-)

Does they work on MacOS X ?

IF yes, then NOW we have FIRST chance to compare mySQL and Valentina in the
SAME conditions:
    the same CPU
    the same OS
    the same API - PHP

Just go ahead.

As somebody have note, fact that now VPHP is built NOT as client to server,
But as Valentina ENGINE INSIDE of PHP itself, we do not have overhead on
sockets. This fact even more increase gap between Valentina and mySQL.

The second fact in VPHP -- support of binded strings and BLOBs.
This feature may also bring significant improvement on SQL string parsing
and avoiding of string escaping comparing to mySQL
If you send 10-15KB picture with SQL query, then Valentina will parse SQL
query and start do work while mySQL will do this task only on 3-5%
Although this is on INPUT of data only.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com