Problems posting to the list??

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jan 23 10:37:00 CST 2003

>Huh?? What's that?
>I tried to post a message and get this answer:
>
>>    Re: V4MD Crashing problems
>>
>>  Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
>>
>>  The reason it is being held:
>>
>  >   Message has implicit destination
>
>Anybody out there with some more info??

Ruslan, has just posted the same problem from his end (he has to
approve such a posting). I looked up Mailman's web site and found
that Valentina list must have "require_explicit_destination" turned
on and your message was trapped by that.
Ruslan should discuss with Brian whether he wants this feature
active. Andy and whoever gets it should not have to do anything,
although finding what exactly triggers it in your post may be
educational.

 From the help:

require_explicit_destination (privacy):

Must posts have list named in destination (to, cc) field (or be among
the acceptable alias names, specified below)?

Many (in fact, most) spams do not explicitly name their myriad
destinations in the explicit destination addresses - in fact, often
the to field has a totally bogus address for obfuscation. The
constraint applies only to the stuff in the address before the '@'
sign, but still catches all such spams.

The cost is that the list will not accept unhindered any postings
relayed from other addresses, unless

    1. The relaying address has the same name, or
    2. The relaying address name is included on the options that
specifies acceptable aliases for the list.

Robert