[Flash] Val and Flash MX

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Thu Jan 23 09:45:40 CST 2003

At 22:17 22.01.2003 +0200, you wrote:
> > But I think you and Marcus (btw: thanks for that last detailed reply) made
> > Valentina's role quite clear. So I have to wait for a 'SOAP' implementation
> > or a close Vale-webserver-integration...
>
>VPHP is good for you ?

With VPHP on Linux should be able to use PHP NuSoap or
something similar to create a SOAP server / client that
Flash MX can talk to.

>Somebody have told on list,
>
>     Flash is Flash
>     SW is Sw.
>
>They say flash will never have own plugin system.
>May be you can press Macromedia to add plugin system to Flash.

Won't happen. That's what Shockwave is for. Also it would blow
up the flash player to a size like the shockwave player engine,
definitely not something Macromedia desires. Adding a plugin
system to the flash player would require a total rewrite of the
core engine, which is not going to happen in the near future.
Besides, you wouldn't wanna recreate what Shockwave already
does, but rather concentrate on the strengths of the Flash player.

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Need music? http://www.selling-sound.com

Like the author? Buy the book at:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3898422194/lingmmugd

Get your daily dose of Lingo at the LingoPark:
http://www.lingopark.com