Newbie question on RecID

Keith DeLong delong at redcort.com
Wed Jan 22 12:00:10 CST 2003

Hi Rick,

> What does:
>
> test = str(myDataBase.recipe.GetRecID)
>
> (Where myDataBase is my database object and recipe is my baseObject).
>
> Do?

This is using GetRecID via direct access to the baseobject rather than
accessing the RecID via a cursor.

Direct baseobject manipulation has been depreciated as Valentina has
matured. For a number of reasons, you'll be happier if you access records
via a cursor whenever possible in V4RB.

> I see this code in some of the example. This actually does return a
> number, but it does not seem to be the same each time I access a record.

As you move through the baseobject records, it will return the RecID of the
record currently being pointed to.

Keith