[Flash] Val and Flash MX

Olaf Schmidtmann os at brainbits.net
Wed Jan 22 17:14:36 CST 2003

Hi Ruslan,

that is not completely right: you can use POST to send and get data (not
only xml).
But I think you and Marcus (btw: thanks for that last detailed reply) made
Valentina's role quite clear. So I have to wait for a 'SOAP' implementation
or a close Vale-webserver-integration...
I just hoped there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. I have to do
quite a lot with XML files and Flash and when you are dealing with huge
amounts of data it is getting slow and unhandy. Using a middleware like
shockwave to control Valentina in offline projects is often not an option
because one good thing bout Flash is its simple deployment and tinyness.
Enough lamentations! :-)

Thanks for your shares in this.

cu
Olaf