[Flash] Val and Flash MX

Olaf Schmidtmann os at brainbits.net
Wed Jan 22 16:25:10 CST 2003

Hi Marcus,

I don´t work with ColdFusion but I heard that you can get the data DIRECTLY
into Flash without the POST (sendAndLoad) method you have to use when
working with PHP (but you may be right).
A linked db would be faster and better. Maybe there is a way: Flash does
support XML streams but this just works for servers only I think. You could
send a XML-query you get a XML-object back. Something like this...
What I think could be gained is:
1) Ease of use (simplistic enviroment)
2) Speed
3) dream: build flash db-apps for on- and offline use

Don´t just say NO :-)

Olaf
--
Olaf Schmidtmann