[Flash] Val and Flash MX

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Wed Jan 22 15:57:42 CST 2003

on 22/1/03 15:38, Olaf Schmidtmann at os at brainbits.net wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> are you considering to let Flash get data from Val directly? That would be
> extraordinary and a real killer feature for Valentina because only Cold
> Fusion can do this (AFAIK). All other dbs (eve mySQL) have to use a work
> around (eg. using PHP) or XML files.

Er, doesn't ColdFusion act as middleware just like PHP does? Whether it
hides the HTTP communications layer in Flash is another matter. Flash
doesn't have any plug-ins mechanism I'm aware of (like shockwave does), so
you're kind of stuck with it as is. I don't think there's anything Ruslan
can do, nor do I think there would be much to be gained.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture

marcus at synchromedia.co.uk | http://www.synchromedia.co.uk