[Valentina][VSDK] M:M problems

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 20 23:43:28 CST 2003

on 1/20/03 11:08 PM, Eric Forget at forgete at cafederic.com wrote:

> For the my class:
>
> class CGroupPerson : public VDK_BaseObject
> {
> public:
>     VDK_ObjectPtr        mGroupPtr;
>     VDK_ObjectPtr        mPersonPtr;
>     VDK_ULLONG           mGP;
>
>  public:
>    CGroupPerson ()
>         :    VDK_BaseObject( "GroupPerson" ),
>              mGroupPtr( "GroupPtr", NULL, kFBL_CASCADE ),
>              mPersonPtr( "PersonPtr", NULL, kFBL_CASCADE )
>              mGP( "GP", fUnique )
>     {
>         // next call make field to be calculated
>         mGP.SetMethod( "some formula here" );
>     }
> };
>
> I've tried all of these:
>
>   mGP.SetMethod( "BitAnd( shiftleft(mGroupPtr,32), mPersonPtr" );
>   mGP.SetMethod( "BitAnd( shiftleft(mGroupPtr,32), mPersonPtr)" );
>   mGP.SetMethod( "BitAnd( shiftleft(GroupPtr,32), PersonPtr)" );
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot add more than 1 record (whatever the combinaison of
> person and group). It always return error 344 (kFBL_FieldIsUnique). Any
> idea?

But that was juts example of idea!
I have ask look into SQL.pdf for correct names of functions,
I just do not remember.

Okay, I have look inside, and I see that we have made in Valentina
        << and >> operators

So at least must be

    mGP.SetMethod( "BitAnd(mGroupPtr << 32), mPersonPtr" );

And now we need find how correctly do bit AND ...
Ops. I do not see function for this...
Okay I need add them.

But it seems you can simply use +

    mGP.SetMethod( "(mGroupPtr << 32) + mPersonPtr" );

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com