[Valentina] V4MD CreateDatabase call/access error

Blume, Jeff jblume at IVM-INC.com
Fri Jan 17 17:01:22 CST 2003

Hello,
I have been testing a CD-ROM project that uses the Valentina database engine on a few computers around my office and it performed flawlessly on all but one computer.  In the program, when a user logs in for the first time, a database is created and their demographic information is stored within it.  On this computer, I get the following error message when the user tries to log in...

Handler Not Defined
tableref = makeNewBaseObject(vInst,tableName)

#makeNewBaseObject
Continue?

This piece of code comes after the database is initialized and created.  I thought this was the same error that had previously been fixed by opening wordpad in the background, but that didn't help.  It appears that the CreateDatabase call is returning an error code of 5, which is a "no access" error.  Could it be caused by a security restriction on the folder I'm trying to create the database in (I'm using Buddy API to find the "windows" system folder), or could it be a bug in Valentina itself?  I'm fairly certain that my lingo is set up correctly, because it works everywhere but this particular machine.
Both computers are Dells running Windows 2000 pro.  The program was created using Director 8.5 utilizing Valentina version 1.9.0.0.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Jeff Blume