Newbie just getting started with V4RB: Is-a relationships

Gunnar Swan GunnarSwan at PracticeToPass.com
Fri Feb 28 21:40:22 CST 2003

>clarify a couple of issues about hierarchical relationships in  Valentina before I get started with database design.
>
>Say I have an object "Book"  with all the usual fields. It is a
>subclass of VBaseObject. If I need to specialize Book into
>"ManuscriptBook" (for example) can I subclass it and inherit all the
>properties of Book?

Using UML (Universal Modeling Language)  or ORM (Object Role Modeling) to design a relational database schema that resolves your objects, subclassing and collections is one way
to approach the issue.

Gunnar Swan