Add Records Very Slow ?

Barney barney at custombased.com
Mon Feb 24 12:17:37 CST 2003

Hi,

I am taking about 80 seconds to add 350 records to my database ? V4RB.
There must be a way to speed this up somehow ?

  while NOT textInput.EOF
    row=textInput.readline

    for i = 1 to FCount
      a=nthField(row,chr(9),i)
      cur.Field(nthfield(Fnames,",",i)).setstring( a )
    next

    myb = cur.add()   //Offending line !

  wend

  textInput.close

If I take out the cur.add() it runs the code in about < 3 seconds.
With adding the records it slows down to well over a minute.

I have tried SqlExecute(" INSERT INTO...  with no better results.

I HAVEN'T tried adding data to a VField class then Bo.AddRecord yet
would this produce better results ?

Thank you

Barney