How safe??

Jan ErikMoström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Fri Feb 21 13:40:53 CST 2003

I have a REALbasic application that does some text parsing and store the
result as text files, this application runs in OS 9 and sometimes it
might crash (due to bugs in the program and sometimes becuase other
program crashes ... I like to think that the main reason is the last one
8-).

The problem is that there is considerable manual work done during the
parsing and each session can involve the parsing of a large number of
files. This means that if I'm unlucky I might lose some data because the
text have been buffered in RAM and REALbasic doesn't allow me to flush
the files after writing (not even closing/opening the files guarantee
this).

So in a moment of creative thinking I started to consider using
Valentina as the output file, it can be flushed but what I don't know is
how sensitive Valentina is for a crash, does the database become
unreadable or ...? What are your experiences?

                jem
--
Jan Erik Moström   jem at mostrom.pp.se    www.mostrom.pp.se