Mac Problems for V4MD

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 21 09:49:48 CST 2003

on 2/21/03 8:36 AM, Lee Swanson at lee at ibc.com.au wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> The error 43 was a problem with my OS detection.
>
> The mac version of the xtra runs the query I had a problem with on the pc
> fine. Don't worry about debugging that error on windows, I am happy to use
> the debug version.
>
> At the moment I get error 2 on the pc when I burn the cd on a mac. Would the
> mac change the database when it is copied there? I need to burn on the mac
> to make a hybrid cd.

Hi Lee,

I see such error 2 first time...
No MAC do not change db moved from Windows.

May be try to open db by VAPP on MAC, do Dump into XML,
Then Load XML using VAPP into new FRESH db.
In this way you will get
    1) fresh
    2) compacted
    3) MAC-format

Now you need play with this db to make sure all indexes you needed was made.
Or if you have flag INDEXED for fields correctly set, then do REINDEX of db
in VAPP.

Try with such db on CD.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com