[V4RB] Pictures from Win32

Schiller, Carsten c.schiller at BioVisioN.de
Thu Feb 20 12:42:00 CST 2003

Hi!

I'm saving the image from an Imagewell in RB to Valentina simplified like
this:
mDataBase.mPerson.PicFld.SetPicture(Main_window.ImageWell1.Image)
mDataBase.mPerson.AddRecord
mDataBase.Flush

To load a stored Picture I do:
localCursor = mDataBase.SqlSelect("SELECT * FROM TestTable")
Imagewell1.image = VPicture(localCursor.Field("Pic_fld")).GetPicture

This works seperatly on MacOSX and Win32. If the databases are shared (i.e.
open DB created on MacOSX on Win32 or vice versa) I have the problem that I
can open pictures from DBs made on MacOSX perfectly on Win32, but if I try
to get a picture from a DB created on Win32 on MacOSX the RB App crashes
immediately when assigning the VPicture.GetPicture.

Am I doing something wrong here, or has someone experienced something
similar?

Cheerio, Carsten