Accessing a Valentina database from Multiple applications

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 19 10:09:04 CST 2003

> From: "Jason Essington" <jasone at GreenRiverComputing.com>
> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:41:40 -0700

Hi Jason,

> Have any of the Valentina gurus on this list ever tried to allow
> multiple applications (running on a single machine) to access a single
> Valentina database?
>
> I found that using the App activate and deactivate handlers I could
> close the database in one app then open it from the other, but the
> VDatabase object could not be reopened after it was closed causing me
> to have to destroy the object and create a new one. at any rate any
> attempt at opening and closing seemed to be less than reliable. causing
> -61 errors on occasion as the best case or completely crashing the
> application as the worst.

You mean you try provide open/close trick ?
And you work on OS X ?

Keith although have answer you.

Just again, for Keith and you.
There is more effective way that Keith describe.
Instead of join on 2 tables, better to have dummy table with one record and
one field, and simply try UPDATE SET f1 = 3 WHERE RecID = 1
To force write.

Jason, or you ask about something else ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com