Select command using right

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Feb 18 21:17:30 CST 2003

on 2/18/03 8:01 PM, RBtools at RBtools at columbus.rr.com wrote:

> I am having a problem with a select command.
>
> select * from ReportTCP where Right(UserName,2) like  '24'
>

> I want to find all of the UserNames that end in 24.  Every time I try this I
> get nothing back from the database.  I know that I have at least one
> UserName that ends in 24.
>
> UserName is a string[64] and the name that I am looking for only has 4
> characters in it.

1) you get nothing because you CANNOT use functions directly in SELECT
For current Valentina version.
You need use BaseObject methods for this.

2) IF you need find string that end on 24 you need do

    WHERE UserName like '24\Z'

Where \Z is anchor of Regex search that means "End of line"

Please read RegEx docs to select correct Anchor for you.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com