[V4MD] Closing database blues

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Feb 18 18:59:19 CST 2003

on 2/18/03 6:29 PM, Olaf Schmidtmann at os at brainbits.net wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> yes, I tried the latest beta now but I don´t see any significant perfomance
> boost for closing the db. I will go on modifying my db now and when I am
> finished I go on trying to get this faster.

Hi Olaf,

All this is very strange.

What is size of your db ?
But in any case, if you have only 4MB of cache...

Aha, another question.

On MacOS X I have see next (and I think this is true for Windows also
because it have VM)

IF I open big db, read a lots of MB, then close/quite app,
Then I see big pause.

I assume this is OS try do something in its VM

But again, this come after BIG reads...

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com