[V4RB] Handling of dbs being served

Frank Bitterlich bitterlich at gsco.de
Fri Feb 14 14:55:38 CST 2003

Jon,

AFAIK it's at least dangerous, probably impossible, maybe even fatal
(for the database) to open it twice.

But if you have that database already open in the same application (the
HTTP server app), there's no need to open it twice; just make it (the
VDatabase object) available to the HTTP server code via some global
array or similar, and let the HTTP server part "share" the database
object. I think that should be safe.

Cheers,
   Frank+++

--
Günter Schmidt & Co. oHG
Frank Bitterlich             eMail: bitterlich at gsco.de
Schlosserstr. 4              WWW:   http://www.gsco.de/gsco
D-60322 Frankfurt            Tel.:  069 / 156809-29
GERMANY                      Fax:   069 / 156809-28