[V4MD] Work wit BLOB/Text fields

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 12 12:39:51 CST 2003

on 2/12/03 12:17 PM, Carsten Ilwig at Carsten.Ilwig at portal-rind.de wrote:

Hi Carsten,

> still a question to the work with BLOB/TEXT fields
> If I a record with BLOB and TEXT Fields update. the blb file will be bigger
> and bigger and ...

> even if the content of the fields is accurately the same one, how already in
> the DB stored.

In fact THE SAME contents you must check in your app, with dirty flag.
IT is always better do this on APP top level.

> Why is it so and can I prevent this?

IT must not grow each time.

IF you have in .blb e.g. 5KB record, and update it with the same contents,
Then Valentina do not compare them. This is stupid for BLOBs.
Valentina simple write new 5KBs, and delete prev BLOB record.

So if you again will do Update that deleted 5KB will be reused.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com