Blob Fields

Barney barney at custombased.com
Thu Feb 13 00:15:40 CST 2003

Ruslan,

> So you already have distributed dbs.
> Okay...
>
> Am I right that you want add new feature to your app?

Yes

> Then you still need to use classes of course.

I don't normally use classes in my app.  I just have one main
one as MyDatabase. From here everything is done via SQL and a cursor.

Still, I can use them temporarily in a method etc and do this throughout
my app in places.

> And if you need add some field on the fly, consider using of additional
> special table for this.

OK

> And I do not understand, why you want delete that picture field ?
> Why it cannot exists always?
> But you add/remove pictures?

Yep that's fine. I just thought it might tidy things up nicely to get rid of
things again. Particularly the extra file sitting on the disk as this is
sure to confuse users when they go to back up etc. This function might only
be used by users every now and again.

I've been unable to find anything in the doc's about creating this second
data file on the fly without creating another database ?

Closest I've found is V4RB Reference page 25 but this does not create the
data file ?

Thanks for your help.

Barney