[for ALL] Valentina Server 1.x // And they say OpenBaseisgood?

Lynn Fredricks fci at europa.com
Mon Feb 10 16:23:33 CST 2003

> ...because of course you've NOT been hacking your commercial
> V4RB app together as a shared data file application for over
> two years because you've been repeatedly told every few
> months that Valentina server was right around the corner.
>
> I very strongly think that the support nightmare some of us
> are facing with OS X and V4RB is quite worthy of an interim
> release ASAP.

I don't think there is a viable market for the work that would go into a
separate Valentina 1.x server product, and it would be a distraction to
completing Valentina 2 (with all products to be based on the new code
base).

If I were developing with REALbasic, Id wait until there is a much more
powerful Valentina 2 database solution and REALbasic 5, with its new
server socket, is complete. RB 5 will probably beat Valentina 2 to
market, but that doesn't mean you wont be able to use them together.
Also, a V4RB 2.0 for Windows that supports the native plugin API for
REALbasic for Windows 5 is going to mean a lot for both products. While
there shouldn't be much of a problem using the Valentina COM/ActiveX
solution with RB 5 for Windows, a V4RB 2.0 with native support will make
a much greater impact on the new RB 5 for Windows user base.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Proactive International, LLC