[CSDK Request] UUID function

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Sun Feb 9 21:10:53 CST 2003

> One thing I would like to have in 2.0 is a field method to create a
> UUID (aka GUID). To do a good job with multiple databases and
> synchronization it would really help if there was a reliable way to
> generate a universally unique key.
>
> MacOS has this function in Carbon, and I'm sure it must be in Windows
> and Linux (uuidgen, I think).

If you want to be unique cross-platform you must use the same library, or at
least knowing they use the same algorithm. Ruslan may use the one from
CoreFoundation: its sources are available from Darwin and they work on
Windows...

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>