[V4RB] Win32 Double Problem

Fred.Stephenson Fred.Stephenson at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 8 21:12:50 CST 2003

>on 2/8/03 7:31 PM, Fred.Stephenson at Fred.Stephenson at wanadoo.fr wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>  I have a  problem on Windows98 using a French system.
>>  When entering in doubles (from an editfield) to the database using
>>  "setstring" the value stored is just the integer.
>>  example :
>  > fieldObject.setstring(value)  where  value= editfield1.text ="35,12"
>  > -- stores 35
>
>Hi Fred,
>
>Probably your system is tuned that decimal point is not ',' but '.'

Hi Ruslan,
I'm not sure about the PC but on my Mac I have my client set to ","
and on the mac server, running valentina, it's set to "," and I have
the same problem.

I can't get on the PC's now cos' the kids have taken over and are
playing on them ;?)

My workaround for the moment is
fieldObject.setstring(value)  where  value= str(cdbl(editfield1.text
)). At the moment it's not really a problem because my clients are
all on "Brit/US" systems but I may  end up with  some belgium systems
( but "brit" server) in the Brussels office.

Fred