[VSDK] Error -61

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 7 10:33:23 CST 2003

on 2/7/03 10:13 AM, Eric Forget at forgete at cafederic.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a static database which reside inside the Resources folder of the
> application package. For the second time in about 2 weeks, I got a crash and
> the log "The error: -61 ->". The call stack is:
>
> #0    0x9001b52c in kill
> #1    0x9005ceec in abort
> #2    0x005091a4 in __cxxabiv1::__terminate(void (*)())
> #3    0x00509210 in std::terminate()
> #4    0x005071f8 in __cxa_throw
> #5    0x005031b8 in FBL_FileMacOS::Write_disk(char const*, unsigned long
> long, unsigned long)
> #6    0x00414870 in FBL_DataFile::Close()
> #7    0x00465778 in FBL_DataBase::CloseDataBase()
> #8    0x00465114 in FBL_DataBase::OpenDataBase(FSSpec const*, char const*)
> #9    0x004a0784 in VDK_DataBase::OpenDataBase(FSSpec const*, char const*,
> bool)
>

> The error -61, from <CarbonCore/MacErrors.h>:
>
> wrPermErr                     = -61,  /*write permissions error*/
>

> My files has the permissions "-rw-r--r--" and the file is not locked from
> the Finder. The parent folder "Resources" has the same permissions.
>
> VAPP is able to open the database without problem.
>
> There have been no crash lately and the database is not corrupted. I've
> tried to remove the .ind files.
>
> Any idea?

Hi Eric,

So you try open database, and it meet some problems,
And probably throw exception, start close db files back...

I have only one idea.

The file of db was already opened by other session or app.

Me and Totte it seems have see bug in OS X file system, when OS X still
think that file is opened although it was closed already. Some bug in cache
system...

BTW, you can try reproduce this, if EXPLICITLY open your db in VAPP,
And now start your app, so your app must fail to open db,
But it must not crash!

Check this.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com