[V4RB] GROUP BY Recid Problems

Frank Schima macsforever2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 19:04:15 CST 2003

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do a simple 3 table join with a sum() command and a GROUP BY. But if I
GROUP BY the Recid field of a table, then ViSQL crashes on me. Ruslan, have you seen this
problem before? Here is a sample:
   SELECT a.Recid, a.Name, sum(c.amount) From a, b, c GROUP BY a.Recid

Then another strange problem. If I do a SQL like this:
   SELECT a.Name, a.Recid, sum(c.amount) From a, b, c GROUP BY a.Name

ViSQL sees only 2 result columns - the third sum() column does not appear. In fact it
does not match with the header names. The Result cursor has a Header like this:
   a.Name and sum(c.amount)
But the actual row data match this:
   a.Name and a.Recid

If I try to GROUP BY a.Name, a.Recid then it crashes.

I'm running V4RB 1.9.7b6 on both RB 4.5.3fc2 and 5.0b4.

Best Regards,
Frank

=====
Frank Schima                <mailto:frank at labrecyclers.com>