[V4MD] MAC Problem

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 5 17:09:39 CST 2003

on 2/5/03 4:39 PM, Giacomo Antonelli at giacomo at nativedreams.com wrote:

> I think that Director doesn't correctly see Valentina Xtras, what can I do
> to solve my problem? I try to add in Xtrainfo.txt this line:
>
> [#namePPC:"V4MD.Xtr",#nameW32:"V4MD.X32"]

This is not required

> I restart Director, but i have that error again.
>
> I print the xtraList and i find: [#name:"V4MD.Xtr", #version:"1.9.6"]
>
> But on MAC if I try to add V4MD xtra for my movie using  Modify-Movie-Xtras,
> V4MD isn't present in the list of Xtras, instead on Windows it is present.

On MAC you need do 2 simples steps

1) drop V4MD Xtra into folder Xtras.
2) start Director.

That is all. Now director must see Xtra,
And you must be able see it in Xtra list
And you must be able print all handlers for Vdatabase and VCursor Xtras.

Now you must be able simply open Example1 and press RUN.
Nothing more!

So you use Director 8.5
Make sure you use V4MD MAC Classic archive.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com