timestamps (was: TIP, how to fight with corrupted indexing)

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Tue Feb 4 13:24:17 CST 2003

Hi Ruslan,

> Each record will have TIMESTAMP to support transactions.
> This is our payment for transaction, 8 bytes per record.

Although I found it a really cool feature, I'm wondering if it will possible
to disable it: to save the 8 bytes per record...

What I'm talking about is when we have a static database that we ship with
our downloadable software... As an example, the database that will ship
shortly with my app have one table with 305877 records. 8 bytes per record
means 2.3 MB more!

Éric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>