timestamps (was: TIP, how to fight with corrupted indexing)

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Feb 4 13:16:08 CST 2003

>  > There
>  > is clearly a need for a mechanism that ensures that indexes are in
>>  sync with data.
>
>Yes, such mechanism will be so called TIMESTAMP -- internal time of
>database. Each time is changed at least one field, value of tine is
>incremented.
>
>In 2.0 TIMESTAMP will present in each table in any case, for each record.
>Because this is needed for our transaction model.

You mean that v-kernel will keep checking the timestamps and
automatically rebuild index when it is out of sync (besides using the
timestamps for transactions)? So each record will have a timestamp
and then the table will have its own, right? And table's timestamp
will reflect newest timestamp of its records and any
structural/property changes to table, right?

Robert