TIP, how to fight with corrupted indexing

Totte Alm totte at code66.se
Tue Feb 4 09:39:22 CST 2003

Hello Ruslan,

lördagen den 1 februari 2003 kl 09.21 skrev Ruslan Zasukhin:

> For now you can try reduce risk of this, ifyou self add in your prefs
> The flag "DbClosed". So on next open you can REINDEX db if it is FALSE.

This only works for "one db" solutions. My problem is that I use
Valentina DBs as documents. The user can have hundred or even thousands
databases on their drive, and I've seen that even with 4-file set, if
teh app crashes before correct database close, it corrupts the index
and when I try to read a Picturedata from the database, I get garbage
pictureadata back that crashes DrawPicture(). If I rebuild the index,
it works.

PS, I have the database for you if you like.

// Totte