V4MD error 5 and 8 problem

Lee Swanson lee at ibc.com.au
Mon Feb 3 10:07:23 CST 2003

> Hi Lee,
>
> 1) you use debugLevel(2) and see messages ?
> You see
>
>     SqlSelect()...error 5       ?

yes, when the cursor is created, and then every operation after. Sometimes
it says error 8.

> 2) Try both 1.9.6 and latest 1.9.7 beta.

I have tried both of these and still have the problem.

> 3) Try BEFORE this query add sleep for second.
> This was workaround for fast Open/close trick.
> But try it just in case....

this does not help.

> 4) I wonder if you have OTHER cursors at the same time that point on used
> Tables? In fact this must be allowed but may be Director bring us some
> glitch.

I have created a test project with only this query in it and still get the
error.

> 5) You have test only on one computer/windows ?
>     try other computers, other Windows systems
>     check if it works fine in Projector.
>
> May be only in IDE of director this problem come...

When i create a projector, I still get the error on my pc (always error 8
now though)
I tried it on four other machines. Three of them had the same problem as I
did, one did not return an error but returned 0 records (when the query is
run in viSQL 27,800 are returned). Other queries work fine in the projector
(and running in director) and if I take out some joins so that there are
only three, the problem query also works.