VDN Network and licensing

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 30 17:08:35 CST 2003

on 12/30/03 4:59 PM, Erich Geiersberger at erichg at mcmm.com wrote:

Hi Erich,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> in your Vserver manual you wrote I should replace Master.vdb with my own.
> So I replaced it with my "VAethoel.vdb" (together with a
> "VAethoel.ind" and "VAethoel.dat").
> When I start the service, a new "Master.vdb" gets created. Is that correct?

Okay, Vserver must have some masterdb.vdb

IF you already have some Valentina database, and you want put it under
Vserver you must

     REGISTER your database into masterdb.

You can do this in 2 ways:

1) manually. Just open your masterdb by VAPP on MAC,
    or by Valentina Studio,

    and add ONE record into table "Tables".
    in lower case.
    I think you will understand how add it.

2) Valentina studio have even menu command REGISTER DATABASE.
    which you can send to running Vserver...
    I think you need connect to it then.

When your db will be registered, then you will be able do

    db.Open( "mydbName" )
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ as registered, but not path!

> Do I need to integrate the tables from Master.vdb (database and user)
> into my own Database?

NO.

> How do I specify the path when connecting from a V4MD_Client on
> another computer?
> OpenDatabase( gMyDataBase, "VAethoel.vdb" ) gives an error 2.

You need register YOUR db to server at first.

Then you will use not Path, but just name.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com