[VXCMD] Bug in DateTime Methods

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Dec 23 22:32:53 CST 2003

Ruslan,

We have a table that contains a DateTime field called "ScheduledStart",
and we have a Method field called "ScheduledStartMonth" that has the
calcluation:

	Month(ScheduledStart)

During operation, we get a cursor to the table and attempt to set the
value of the "ScheduledStart" field using "Cursor_SetField" followed by
"Cursor_UpdateRecord". No error is reported, but the value doesn't get
updated in the table. After much testing and checking, it turns out that
we can get the field to update in one of two ways:

1) Delete the "ScheduledStartMonth" Method field, or
2) Removed the Indexing from the ScheduledStart field.

It appears that having a method field that performs a calculation on a
DateTime field that is indexed prevents that field from being updated.
Although we have many methods throughout our system, this is the first
one we've had on DateTime fields, and so it took a while to track it
down.

This happens in both Server and Standalone implementations.

We're using VXCMD 1.10b21 in standalone mode, and VXCMD Client 2.0a53
under Mac OS X.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com