[V4MD] OR query results

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Sat Dec 20 11:24:13 CST 2003

At 20:33 19.12.2003, you wrote:
> type_name =
> >>>

> > table a: title, type_ptr (->table b->type_name)
> > table b: type_name
>
>Then above query should works, I think.

Nope, it does not. I'm using the value of the type_ptr in the same table
now, that works:

SELECT title, type_name FROM a, b WHERE (type_ptr = '1' OR type_ptr = '2')
AND (title LIKE '(?i)foo' OR title LIKE '(?i)bar') AND (title NOT
LIKE  '(?i)test')

So I think comparing fields in different tables in a condition when you're
doing
a join does not work in any case (AND / OR). Is that a limitation that will
also
be in 2.0?

Martin.