[V4MD] regex & escape

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Dec 17 18:06:42 CST 2003

on 12/17/03 5:34 PM, Martin Kloss at martin.kloss at gmx.de wrote:

> At 15:41 17.12.2003, you wrote:
>> I recommend try to build correct query by visQL first of all.
>
> how? I know what the correct query is supposed to look like:
>
> LIKE '(?i)m?ller\'s \(data\)'
>
> But if the input is:
>
> m?ller's data
>
> I need to parse the string and escape the characters that need escaping.
>
> IF I use the ValentinaEscapeString function with TRUE, the output is:
>
> LIKE '(?i)m\?ller\'s \(data\)'
>
> IF I use the ValentinaEscapeString function with FALSE, the output is:
>
> LIKE '(?i)m?ller\'s (data)'
>
> BOTH results are NOT correct, it SHOULD BE:
>
> LIKE '(?i)m?ller\'s \(data\)'
>
> Right? So I would need to escape all the characters manually,
> but then why do we have the ValentinaEscapeString function?

Martin,

Let's go step by step!

USER do input 'm?ller's (data)'
Yes?

You need escape this USER INPUT only
And you get

    'm\?ller's \(data\)'

Aha, I see problem...

Hmm, then really, it is USER must give you input

    'm?ller's \(data\)'

I.e. He self must specify that in this pattern symbols ()
Must be used as CHARS.

Is this answer ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com