[V4MD] regex & escape

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Wed Dec 17 16:34:05 CST 2003

At 15:41 17.12.2003, you wrote:
>I recommend try to build correct query by visQL first of all.

how? I know what the correct query is supposed to look like:

LIKE '(?i)m?ller\'s \(data\)'

But if the input is:

m?ller's data

I need to parse the string and escape the characters that need escaping.

IF I use the ValentinaEscapeString function with TRUE, the output is:

LIKE '(?i)m\?ller\'s \(data\)'

IF I use the ValentinaEscapeString function with FALSE, the output is:

LIKE '(?i)m?ller\'s (data)'

BOTH results are NOT correct, it SHOULD BE:

LIKE '(?i)m?ller\'s \(data\)'

Right? So I would need to escape all the characters manually,
but then why do we have the ValentinaEscapeString function?

Martin.