Orphaned Items Deletion

Ian Devaney idevaney at mac.com
Sun Dec 14 19:27:54 CST 2003

I have 3 tables. People, Gifts and GiftLinks.

The GiftLinks table holds pointers to the other 2 tables so that gifts
can be shared between People.

When I delete a Person, the giftLinks entries for that person are also
removed (kvCascade).

Obviously, I don't want to delete the actual gifts for that person in
case they are shared by others.

How would I construct a query to check if the gifts are still required
or whether they have been completely orphaned by the removal of 1
person.

I'm sure this should be straightforward but I'm a bit brain-dead at the
moment.

Cheers,

Ian