V4RB Refreshing

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Dec 12 20:23:51 CST 2003

on 12/12/03 8:14 PM, Michael Krugman at admin at ktinet.net wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I'm working with V4RB_Client, Valentina Server and RB 5.2.4 on Panther.
> I've set up 2 client connections to a third computer acting as the
> server.  All of this works fine.  I display the records using a RB
> listbox and this works fine.  This is the problem....with both client
> apps running, client 2 adds a record.  Client 1 does not see the
> addition of the record.  The record is being added correctly on the
> Server.  Can someone point me in the right direction as to how I would
> be able to see the addition of the record from client 2 on client 1?
> As always, your help is appreciated.

Hi Michael,

Well, this is quite normal I think.

Some systems as Access it seems, allow dynamically update cursor of client 1
When other user add new record. But this is not very correct from
transaction point of view.

CLIENT 1 have own transaction.
Inside of transaction he must not see ANY modifications of other users.

Valentina do not have yet transactions, but here it works in this way.

You can see COMMITED changes of other users only if you rebuild cursor.
I.e. Kill existed one, and do SqlSelect() once again.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com