[V4RB] SQL bug

jda jda at his.com
Fri Dec 12 08:49:20 CST 2003

Hi Ruslan,

This used to work, but somewhere along the line is seems to have broken:

I have a method (allFields) that returns a concatenation of all the
fields in my database, separated by a space. If all fields are empty,
it returns 15 spaces.

To search for any record in which all fields are empty, I use the
following statement:

      select id,hit from references where allFields='               '
// that's 15 spaces

This used to work, but in 1.10b21 (and 1.9.8) fails.

However, this statement works:

      select id,hit from references where allFields LIKE '
' // that's 15 spaces

So there is an easy workaround, but if = is broken here it might mean
there are other problems I just haven't run across yet.

Jon