[OFF] UML Tools for Mac /win

Olaf Schmidtmann os at brainbits.net
Thu Dec 11 10:29:02 CST 2003

Hi list,

we already had a thread like this before and I wanted to ask you whether you
have any new insights. I want to use UML for my next project which will be
written in AS2.0 (very Java like). The big packages from Rational Rose are
just to expensive...
We already checked argoUML which is very interesting because of its price
but it has a lot of drawbacks in handling. To be honest it behaves a little
bulky.

Another interesting product is Magic Draw2. My colleague in this project
checkt it last night and was really exited. I did not look at Concept Draw
yet but the possibility of creating MindMaps with the same tool sound great.
I use MindManager for my maps which I really like very much but if there
would be an integrated solution I would consider a change. I do not think
there are a lot of tool that are able to create the tests as well (besides
Rational Rose...) but maybe you know more than me.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers
Olaf

--